Happy #BankHoliday Sunday everyone! If any of you are firing up the BBQ this weekend, then give this awesome little #recipe for glazed mushrooms using our #organic Fine Blossom Honey. 🍯🍄 This versatile honey adds a sweet but subtle, flowery taste to your BBQ, and works just as well with #veggies as it does with meat! Get it from @Ocadouk and glaze away!
For the grilled mushrooms:
1 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
2 Portobello mushrooms
100g soft goats' cheese
1 sprig thyme, leaves only
2 tsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Fine Blossom Honey
freshly ground black pepper
½ garlic clove, finely sliced
30 walnut halves
For the beetroot and walnut salsa:
4 small cooked beetroots, chopped
¼ onion, finely chopped
handful fresh parsley, chopped
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
30g/1oz walnut halves, chopped
1. Preheat the grill to medium.
2. For the grilled mushrooms, heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry the mushrooms on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
3. Divide the goats' cheese equally among the mushrooms and sprinkle over the thyme, honey, black pepper, garlic and walnuts. Place under the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
4. For the beetroot and walnut salsa, place all the salsa ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
5. To serve, place the grilled mushrooms onto serving plates with a dollop of salsa.
#RecipeInspo #BBQRecipe #VegetarianBBQ #BBQInspo #Grill #Honey #BBQGlaze